Wouldn’t it be wonderful to wake up naturally at just the right time each day? You could ease into your morning, waking up and stretching luxuriously as you plan your day and make yourself a nice breakfast. You may even have your body mostly trained for this type of morning. But can you trust that? Because most people don’t have these types of mornings. And even if you do, there is always the “What if I sleep poorly?” scenario, and then you’ll be just like the rest of us – in desperate need of an alarm clock to make sure you get where you need to be on time.
Some of us need our alarm clock to give us even a little more attention. Sometimes we’ll have several alarms set, and sometimes we need an alarm clock that will actually stimulate our sense of touch as well as our hearing.
No matter how you need to be awoken to get your day started, we have you covered. We’ve found 25 top-rated alarm clocks for every wakeup style. Our picks are listed alphabetically below for easy reference. Ratings are based on Amazon and are current at the time of this publication.
15 Best Alarm Clock Review:
1. ArtNaturals Essential Oil Diffuser and Humidifier with Bluetooth Speaker Clock and Alarm
If you struggle with tossing and turning, you may have tried most everything. But have you tried a relaxing formula of essential oils? This essential oil diffuser/alarm clock combo may be just what you need to set off in your room to ease you into a deeper sleep and allow you the restful night’s sleep you need. Find a good relaxing oil, and you may find yourself sleeping like a rock.
- Bluetooth will let your own music wake you with its alarm
- Nightlight can be set to one color or series of 7
- Set diffuser for 1 hr, 3 hrs, 6 hrs or ON for ~10 hours
2. Bidason Cool Digital Snooze Projection Alarm Clock
This alarm clock has a back lit display that will come on only when touched to allow you a peaceful sleep. But when you’re up in the middle of the night and want to know exactly what time it is, one touch is all it takes for a 5-second light-up display and a projector that will give you a clear image of the time on the ceiling or wall.
- Hourly chime – you can turn off
- Snooze can be adjusted from 6 to 10 minutes
- 4 alarm music choices
3. Chelvee Portable Quartz Analog Alarm Clock for Kids and Travelers
This is a great alarm clock for the traveler. If you find yourself in hotel after hotel, then this can give you a sense of continuity in your home away from home that will allow you to trust your body to wake with a familiar alarm. Because you never know how a new alarm may perform; it could loose a few minutes through the night or it could beep too low. You shouldn’t have to acclimate yourself to a new alarm every time you’re not at home.
- 2 color options
- Turn on all-night night light
- Requires 2 AA batteries
4. Chelvee(TM) 5” Desktop and Wall-mounted Dual-use Alarm Quartz Clock
This is a pretty basic analog alarm clock that will allow you to keep track of your appointments and schedules without too much complication. It’s perfect for your spare room or office to keep you or your guests on task, but where you won’t really need any extra bells and whistles.
- 5″ diameter
- Service life up to 10 years
- Requires 1 AA battery
5. COULAX Wake Up Light Sunrise Simulation Alarm Clock
If you find your day dramatically impacted by the way you wake up, this may be the gentle awakening you need. You may not want to wake at the real sunrise, especially when the sun rises at 5:30 am, so keeping those blinds closed is worthwhile for you. But the light this clock gives off will simulate sunrise in your room at a more respectable 7:00 am (or whatever time you choose) and wake you peacefully.
- 6 sounds and beeping alarm
- Sunrise and sunset modes 30 minutes before alarm
- USB charger, AC output, or rechargeable battery
6. Docooler USB Desktop Mini Fish Tank Aquarium with LED Clock
This alarm clock is a great little accessory for your bedroom or office that will become a sweet little home for your family fish. You can turn the light on or off, so it can provide the ambient light your room needs at night or serve as a perfect bedside light for reading before bed.
- 2 color options
- 6 nature sounds
- Light on/off and water pump on/off
7. Electrohome EAAC601 Projection Alarm Clock with AM/FM Radio
This clock is smart, so it will always keep your time accurately. You input your time zone and it will keep your time perfectly, even during a power outage, thanks to a backup battery. There is a 3.5 mm AUX audio port that will allow you to use this device to listen to your own music and use your favorite tunes to wake you.
- Turn projection on/off
- AM/FM radio, temperature and day/month/year display
- Built in Lithium battery for back up power
8. FIVE0EIGHT Digital Talking Alarm Clock with 4.5” Display
This alarm clock will automatically adjust to the darkness in the room, lighting 3 different brightness levels. There are 7 alarm tones to wake you, and you can set it to chime hourly (or not). It features 3 different groups of alarms so you can set an alarm for your work week, whatever it is: Monday through Friday, Monday through Sunday, or all seven days a week.
- 3 alarm groups, Mon-Sun; Mon-Fri; Mon-Sat
- Smart lighting feature
- Displays time, date, temperature, and alarm
9. GEREE Cute Emoji Smart Alarm Clock
This alarm clock incorporates cute little emoji faces that you can set to let you know if the temperature is nice (smiley face) or extreme and unpleasant (sad emoji face). The set up is a bit complicated according to some reviews and the alarm isn’t too terribly loud, so you may want to look elsewhere if you’re a deep sleeper. But if you can wake without a marching band, this is a great little option for you.
- 3 color choices
- Gradually increasing alarm tone
- Requires 4 AAA batteries
10. GLIME LED Night Light Wake Up Light Alarm Clock with Sunrise Simulation
This alarm has 3 lighting modes that will help you wake in the mood you want. You can allow the light to simulate sunrise, gradually increasing in brightness 30 minutes prior to your alarm, turn one of the 7 colors on, or even allow it to cycle through all 7 colors. The alarm itself will go off at whatever time you set it for, and you can choose from 5 nature sounds to wake you: 3 types of bird songs, the ocean, or a thunderstorm.
- 3 light modes
- 5 natural alarm sounds
- USB charging port
11. Lyker Sunrise Alarm Clock Radio, Wake Up Light Digital Clock
This is another alarm that can simulate a sunrise to help you ease into your day, but this is upgraded to feature a brighter and better color which will allow you to use this as not only a night light and an alarm, but also a bedside lamp to read at night. It will also cycle through 7 colors of the rainbow to offer you a variety in light and function, and it has that all-important snooze button for when you need a few extra minutes to drag yourself out of bed in the morning.
- Light has 10 levels of brightness
- Fm radio, 7 nature sounds, and beep alarms
- 60-day guarantee
12. MARATHON CL030023 Travel Alarm Clock with Calendar & Temperature
This alarm clock is battery-operated, and the first battery is included with your purchase. It folds flat for transport and the button-activated back light will allow you to see it throughout the night and in your morning wake up time. It will sound a loud alarm to wake you, and should you need a few more minutes, it also includes a snooze button. The display shows temperature (either Celsius or Fahrenheit), the date, day, and time (either 24 hour or 12 hour).
- 2 style choices
- 12- or 24-hour time display, calendar, and temperature
- Includes required AAA battery
13. MedCenter Talking Alarm Clock
This is a great clock for anyone with vision problems. If you have to wear glasses or contacts, you’re familiar with fumbling in the morning with your alarm clock. This clock will announce both your alarm and any reminders you set for your medications, as well. The display is a large print and the bright colors will also help you set and turn off your alarm with ease. You can even set 4 alarms to remind you of your morning, lunch, and evening medications, along with your morning wakeup call.
- Press-to-talk button says time and reminder
- Displays date, time, and reminders
- Includes required 2 AA batteries
14. Mesqool AM/FM Digital Dimmable Projection Alarm Clock Radio
This alarm clock has a 180-degree range for its clock projection, which you can turn on or off with a touch of a button. That means you’ll never have to worry about tossing and turning to see your side table. It has an AM/FM radio and allows you to preset 20 different radio stations. The back includes a USB port so you won’t need to worry about another wall plug to charge your phone, and the alarm itself will ring incrementally louder so you won’t be jolted awake.
- AM/FM radio with 20 presets
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- 1-year warranty
15. Mirari OK to Wake! Alarm Clock & Night-Light
If you have a child who will not sleep in, this may be the fix for you. It allows you to give your child a visual aide to clue them into when it’s “OK to Wake” by changing colors. You can tell them to sleep until the light is green, so your child doesn’t even have to know his numbers yet. And it won’t make any noises when it’s okay to wake; it is just a light change that will let them wake naturally and see if it’s time to get up.
- 4.5″ clock
- Glows green when child can get out of bed
- USB cord or 4 AA batteries